It’s officially fall!
Time for all things pumpkin!
Today, in true fall fashion, I’d like to share with you what has quickly become a favorite post-workout breakfast for my family and me.
Sweet like pie without all of the sugar, this Paleo Pumpkin Pie ‘Oatmeal’ is delicious, quick and jam-packed with healthy carbs and gut-healing protein-filled gelatin. The coconut flakes add an oatmeal-like texture while adding to the healthy fat and fiber content of the meal.
- 2c pumpkin puree (we use homemade)
- 1 ½ c whole-fat coconut milk + more for drizzle
- 4 Tbs coconut flakes
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- 2 Tbs unflavored gelatin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Liquid stevia to taste (we used 10 drops)
- Fresh-roasted pecans for garnish (optional)
- In medium-sized roasting pan, mix together pumpkin, coconut milk, coconut flakes, coconut flour, gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and cardamom. Allow to cook over medium-high heat until bubbling. Add in salt and stevia, adding more as needed to achieve ideal taste.
- Serve warm with additional coconut milk and pecans, if desired.
- Refrigerate and store leftovers in air-tight container. Gelatin will cause oatmeal to become more solid but mix will melt when heated.
- Makes 4-6 servings
Come join me and the rest of the FoodNetwork Fall Fest bloggers as we celebrate the bounty of the season!
Napa Farmhouse 1885: Thai Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
Red or Green: Pizza with Red Chile Pumpkin Sauce, Black Beans and Fresh Corn
Devour: Easy Pumpkin Cream Sauce
Feed Me Phoebe: Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Soup
Virtually Homemade: Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino
Weelicious: Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
The Lemon Bowl: Healthy Baked Mac and Cheese with Pumpkin
The Heritage Cook: Chile-Pumpkin Hummus
Dishing: Pumpkin Browns/ Pumpkin Hash Browns
In Jennie’s Kitchen: Pumpkin Scones
Cooking With Elise: Hearty Pumpkin Pasta
And Love It Too: Paleo Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
Blue Apron Blog: Baked Pumpkin Stuffed with Millet and Caponata
Dishin & Dishes: Pumpkin Pancakes with Maple Cinnamon Pecan Syrup
Domesticate Me: Harvest Pumpkin Soup with Candied Bacon
The Sensitive Epicure: Pumpkin Panna Cotta with Pumpkin Seed Brittle
FN Dish: Cook Pumpkin from the Patch
Taste With The Eyes: Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Apple Soup with Dried Fruit, Pine Nuts and Ancho Chile
Creative Culinary: Pumpkin Beer Bread with Pumpkin Butter Spread