I don’t do giveaways often.
When I do, it is always something that I have personally used, products I believe in and things that have the potential to make life easier. If you are following me on here, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Instagram, I earnestly hope it’s because you enjoy what I have to share and aren’t simply waiting for my next giveaway.
When the lovely Ms. Kara contacted me from Ten Speed Press asking if I would like a copy of Elana Amsterdam’s new cookbook: Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes; I enthustically answered “yes!”
Funny thing is, the same day my package from Ten Speed made it to my home, so did a belated birthday gift package containing the same wonderful book within. (My friends know me so well!)
So… my family has spent the last week testing recipes and reviewing this beautifully bound book from one of the sweetest gluten-free girls on the block.
And you know what?
I love it!
With a similar format to Elana’s two previous books, Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry begins with a brief explanation of what paleo foods are, why we Elana has chosen a Paleo lifestyle and finally, what ingredients are used to stock a Paleo Pantry. Similar to my recent guest post over at Paleo Parents, Elana talks about simple ingredients and shows and obvious love for all things coconut.
With everything from Bagels to Brownies, this book is sure to please.
Of the many recipes my family has enjoyed, Elana’s Asian Stir-Fry really created, well, a stir among my family.
With permission, I am excited to share this recipe with you today. Be certain to scroll to the end so you can learn how to win your own copy of this magnificent treasure!
Reprinted with permission from Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes by Elana Amsterdam (Ten Speed Press, 2013). Photo Credit: Leigh Beisch.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 heads broccoli, sliced into 3-inch spears (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 heads baby bok choy, sliced crosswise into 1-inch strips (about 11/2 cups)
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small zucchini, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 11/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ume plum vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes and transfer to a plate.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion for 8 to 10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the broccoli, carrots, and chicken and sauté for 10 minutes until almost tender. Add the bok choy, mushrooms, zucchini, and salt and sauté for 5 minutes. Add 1 cup of the water, cover the skillet, and cook for about 10 minutes, until the vegetables are wilted.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the arrowroot powder in the remaining 1/2 cup of water, stirring until thoroughly combined. Add the arrowroot mixture to the vegetables and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and becomes glossy. Stir in the sesame oil, vinegar, and honey, then serve.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 4 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion for 8 to 10 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the celery and sauté for 5 minutes.
To enter to win Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes by Elana Amsterdam please do at least one of the following. Remember, each action equals one separate entry.
Please leave a separate comment for each action so I can correctly tally all of your efforts and give you as many chances to win as possible!
1. “Like” And Love it, Too! on facebook and leave a comment on this post.
2. Follow And Love it, Too! on twitter and leave a comment on this post.
3. Follow And Love it, Too! on Pinterest and leave a comment on this post.
4. Visit the And Love it, Too! Amazon Shop and review the Editorial Reviews posted for Paleo Cooking from Elana’s Pantry: Gluten-Free, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free Recipes and leave a comment on this post telling me which recipe you want to explore first and why.
5. Share this giveaway on facebook, tag And Love it Too (so I see it) and leave a comment on this post.
6. Share this giveaway on twitter, tag @andloveittoo (so I see it) and leave a comment on this post.
7. Pin this giveaway in Pinterest, tag @andloveittoo (so I see it) and leave a comment on this post.
Entries will be received until 12:00 pm CST June 30, 2013. I will announce the winner that evening and, with quick response from you, I will have your package in the mail the next day!
Good luck and happy eating!