I have a confession to make…
My Easy as Pie (Crust), no matter how great, is not my favorite recipe.
The flavor is spot-on.
And for tarts or other pre-cooked pie crust needs, it really is a fantastic choice…
But when it comes to bake-in-the-shell recipes, I often struggle to keep this crust from burning.
This is something I have worked to improve for more than a year now.
Finally…in the baking frenzy that happens the night before Thanksgiving (and often into the weee hours of the morning)…finally, I feel I have mastered a gluten-free, dairy-free, high protein and no refined sugar pie crust.
Just like my original recipe, there is no need to roll this one out.
This Easy as Pie (Crust) v2 is a press-and-go crust.
So on this day of Thanksgiving, I hope to bring you a bit of comfort, a solution to the difficulty you may have had, and a means to provide your family with the traditional, flaky, butter crust they so readily deserve.
- 1 ½ c Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 Tbs Palm Sugar
- ½ c Organic, Dairy-Free & Soy-Free Butter Flavor Shortening
- 1-2 Tbs Non-Dairy, Unsweetened Milk (Almond or Coconut work well)
- In large bowl, blend together blanched almond flour, palm sugar and shortening using a fork or a pastry knife. Once fully incorporated, slowly add non-dairy milk until the batter is moist enough to create a ball. Be careful not to get the dough too wet, this can make it difficult to work with.
- Press dough into 9-inch pie pan, spreading evenly down the bottom and up the sides.
- Cook pie recipe as directed.
- Makes 1-9inch Pie Crust
Be sure to stop by and visit my previous post for more fantastic holiday ideas and solutions.
Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo