I will be quite literally off-the grid for a few days but couldn’t leave without sharing just one-more recipe with you all.
This BLT Frittata or Egg Pie is one of our favorite meals. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner, it goes together quickly, is loaded with healthy greens and delicious ingredients. Make ahead and re-heat as needed, this dish is sure to become a family favorite.
- 6 oz Uncured Bacon
- 2 Tbs Bacon Grease
- ¼ med Red Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 c Greens (Kale, Broccoli Raab or Spinach all work well), chopped
- 8 eggs
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh Parsley
- In 425 degree oven, bake bacon on parchment-lined cookie sheets until crisp.
- Grease one 9-inch pie pan, set aside.
- Set aside to cool and measure two tablespoons of bacon grease into a large skillet.
- Over medium-high heat, use the bacon grease to caramelize the onion and garlic.
- Remove from heat and quickly add greens, stirring until wilted but not over-cooked.
- Crumble bacon and add to the greens mixture.
- Add greens to prepared pie pan.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Pour over greens mixture.
- Carefully layer slices of tomato over greens and eggs and sprinkle with parsley before baking at 425 for 30-35 minutes.
- Once a knife can be inserted into the middle and come out clean, remove pie from the oven. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Makes 8 servings.
Have a wonderful week everyone! Happy Summer!
This recipe is also being shared at: Foodie Friday